Although laminate flooring is generally moisture-resistant, it can be easily damaged by large spills, as water soaking through the plank seams will cause the core to warp or swell. However, you can add waterproof sealant to improve this issue if you’d like to use laminate flooring in bathrooms, laundry rooms, or other rooms where excessive moisture may be an issue.
Benefits of laminate flooring
- Inexpensive. Laminate flooring is a low-cost option that’s less expensive than almost every other flooring material available.
- Easy installation. Laminate flooring is perfect for DIY-ers, with a simple snap-and-click locking mechanism for planks.
- Stylish. Laminate lets you achieve the look of hardwood, tile, and other more expensive flooring options with remarkable accuracy.
- Low maintenance. With dust and moisture resistance, sweeping or vacuuming is enough to keep your laminate flooring looking great.
- Customizable. Perfectly match the aesthetic of any room in your home with a wide variety of colors, textures, and designs to choose from.
Where to use laminate for your floors
The living room is a high-traffic area of your home that needs durable and stylish flooring. Laminate flooring checks both of these boxes with options that are light or dark, traditional or modern, or mimic wood or stone. The planks are durable and long-lasting and can handle heavy sofas and other furniture without sustaining dents or scratches.
Although bedrooms are areas that visitors will see less frequently, many homeowners still want the attractive aesthetics of wood or tile. Laminate flooring can give you the same look at a much more cost-effective price, and pairing it with an area rug will provide you with the soft plush feeling of carpet. Laminate planks’ scratch-resistance will stand up to potential scratches from dogs or cats who like to be in the bedroom as well.
Mudrooms and entryways experience heavy foot traffic from people coming in and out of your home each day. Laminate flooring can stand up to excessive wear and tear due to its durability and resistance to scratching, stains, and water damage. Installing a thin layer of foam as an underlay can help reduce noise.
Many homeowners like to finish basements on their own, and laminate flooring is as easy as it gets for DIY-ers. It’s a snap—literally! The tongue and groove fittings on individual planks snap together without the need for glue, making it simple and economical to cover a large space like a basement.
Southern Utah Flooring
While you can install laminate in many more rooms than your living room, bedroom, mudroom, or basement, these rooms are a great place to start. For help getting the right laminate flooring, you contact a local flooring company like GS Flooring.
Based in St. George, GS Flooring has more than 25 years of experience providing professional flooring sales and installation services to residents throughout southern Utah. We are a locally owned and operated company committed to providing high-quality products, affordable prices, and unbeatable customer service. Contact us today for more information.